Wasaga Nordic Centre
In the winter, the Dunes area of Wasaga Beach Provincial Park provides a spectacular 800 hectare backdrop to 30 kilometres of cross-country ski trails. You will ski through a mixed forest of oaks and towering pines and see a variety of birds and mammals on groomed and track set trails. We also offer an 8 kilometre skating trail.
Located just off Blueberry Trail near the O.P.P. station in Wasaga Beach, the Nordic Centre is the focal point of our cross-country ski area. The Centre is equipped with washrooms, a snack bar offering light snacks and beverages and a fireplace. Modern ski and snowshoe equipment is available to rent, along with ski wax and accessories.
Wasaga Nordic Centre operations are weather dependent, but generally operate from December to March, daily from 9:00am to 5:00pm. For more information please contact park staff (705) 429-0943.
Trail conditions can be obtained by calling 1-800-ONTARIO or on-line at www.OntarioParks.com
Moonlight Ski - Saturday, January 31st 2015
Join us at the Wasaga Nordic & Trail Centre from 5-9pm for a cross-country ski under the stars. Enjoy the magic of a winter's evening with hot chocoloate, popcorn and more. Rentals available on-site.
For more information contact park staff at: (705) 429-0943
© Manon Ringuette
Classic Race Format
8:30am registration follwed by a 10am staggered start.
$25.00 race registration feed. REgistration and payment can only be completed online at www.zone4.ca under Online Registration "2013 Wasaga Loppet Classic Ski Race".
Registration commences at 10am December 3rd, 2013, and concludes at 2pm on January 11th, 2014.
For more information contact park staff at: (705) 429-0943 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- To further public awareness, education, and understanding of the historical, archaeological, biological and geological resources of Wasaga Beach.
- To support research projects related to the park's natural and historical resources.
- To develop and make high quality, park specific items and publications available to the public.
- To operate a retail outlet where educational publications, maps, mementos and other items related to Nancy Island and Wasaga Beach Provincial Park are available.
- To generate funds through memberships, donations, bequests and other gifts, as well as through special events and activities.
- To ensure that Wasaga Beach Provincial Park's natural and historical legacy will remain for future generations.
More Than Just a Beach...
The Friends of Nancy Island & Wasaga Beach Park Blog
The Friends have started a blog - and we would love for you to check it out:
Learn more about Wasaga Beach's unique natural and cultural history, keep up to date on activities and events, follow our twitter feed, and don't forget to subscribe for e-mail notifications.