Welcome to the Friends of Nancy Island & Wasaga Beach Park
Wasaga Under Siege 2015 is Great Success
Thanks to Community Support
Thanks go to the many community sponsors, Ontario Parks and the Town of Wasaga Beach for supporting Wasaga Under Siege 2015. Sponsors included Grandma's Beach Treats, Boston Pizza, Beach Builders, Canadian Tire, Majors Consulting Inc., Rotary Club of Wasaga Beach, Wasaga Beach Lions, Nancy Island Lions, Wasaga Beach Foodland, Kinette Club of Wasaga Beach, Enrique Photo Art, Dairy Queen, Re/Max of Wasaga Beach, 97.7 the Beach, Beach Booster, 95.1 the Peak, and L & N Graphics.
For two days, re-enactors will transport you back to the War of 1812 through Musket, Cannon & 3 Line Firing demonstrations, Native drumming & storytelling, War of 1812 Surgeon & Cooking demonstrations, Uniform and Fashion Shows and much more. Visit the British, American and Native Encampments on Nancy Island to experience life in 1812.
Visitors to Wasaga Under Siege enjoyed demonstrations and activities provided by over 10 different Re-enactment Groups from across Ontario. The events included musket and cannon demonstrations, native drumming and storytelling, a 19th century military surgeon, cooking demonstrations, 1812 fashion shows, dueling demonstrations and the very popular kids' mini militia and candy cannon.
Stay tuned for word about WUS 2016. Rumour has it that this fun, family event may live on!
- To further public awareness, education, and understanding of the historical, archaeological, biological and geological resources of Wasaga Beach.
- To support research projects related to the park's natural and historical resources.
- To develop and make high quality, park specific items and publications available to the public.
- To operate a retail outlet where educational publications, maps, mementos and other items related to Nancy Island and Wasaga Beach Provincial Park are available.
- To generate funds through memberships, donations, bequests and other gifts, as well as through special events and activities.
- To ensure that Wasaga Beach Provincial Park's natural and historical legacy will remain for future generations.
Download and print our Membership Form.
Download..PDF Doc | 54 KB
The Friends of Nancy Island Historic Site and Wasaga Beach Park is a non-profit, charitable organization dedicated to furthering the educational and interpretive programs of Wasaga Beach Provincial Park and Nancy Island Historic Site.
Friends of Nancy Island Blog
The Friends have started a blog - and we would love for you to check it out: CLICK HERE Learn more about Wasaga Beach's unique natural and cultural history, keep up to date on activities and events, follow our twitter feed, and don't forget to subscribe for e-mail notifications. Happy reading!